Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Week 3 Here We Come!

Hi all! We're in to Week 3! We hope everyone is feeling good and keeping up with the nutrition challenge. Making a change like this is certainly not easy, but we believe it will be worth it for y'all if you can stick with it.  


The most important thing to remember is that we are in this together! Please let us know how you are doing by commenting below. You can ask questions here to each other or to Amy, Matt and I or just let us know how your experience has been so far.  We want to hear all of it  - what is working for you or what you have struggled with. 


Also, if you have found any great recipes that you want to share with the group please feel free to email Amy or I and we will post them to the blog.  We are considering having a "check in" meeting possibly next week if that would be something you guys would be interested in, so please comment below about that as well so we can set something up. 


Like we have said before, we want you to feel supported during this challenge and always feel free to contact us at any time or pull one of us aside at the gym.  Hope everyone is well and we look forward to hearing from you! 

-Kirsten and Amy

2 comments:

  1. So far so good. I made Jan 1 my starting date, so it's been almost two months now. My biggest challenges have been 1) eating enough protein (and, well, enough in general) and 2) making this all work on an overly busy and stressed out schedule (which most of us have!).
    What's been working for challenge #1 is obviously plenty of protein at meals, but also little things like trailmix between meals and a protein shake immediately after a CF workout.
    For #2 the best thing is cooking a lot and having leftovers, but often I find myself at my favorite place in the world, Nugget, picking up whatever pre made chicken/fish and veggies from their deli section.
    Made the asparagus recipe a few nights ago, really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good. Unlike Lia, I HAVE been eating enough protein--I almost fear too much. I'm watching my fruits because I'm trying to lose weight, but there are only so many veggies that I can handle. I don't like poultry so I've been eating red meat--I think more than I should. So my challenges are:

    Watching that I don't eat too many cholesterol-laden foods (genetics and age make this a concern).

    Not eating too many nuts. I found premeasured cashews in little packets at Trader Joes. Just right! Also, paleo packs and primal kits are good, though pricey.

    Sweet cravings are still a problem--more this week than last. A cup of berries with a little coconut milk really works for that.

    I think I'm still adapting. It's hard to "grab a bite" but I grabbed a Double-Double Protein Style and Inn-n-out the other day when I was in a bind. Perfect. (Note: I hate fast food. I was desperate. It was wonderful.

    Here is a great soup recipe I made up by accident:
    Cut up an onion, add two small packages of cutup butternut squash from Trader Joes, and a little salt and pepper, and saute in a fair amount of coconut oil--don't substitute. Saute until squash softens. Put in food processor with a cup or more of vegetable broth. Add a peeled, cored, green apple. Process until smooth. Add a pretty good dollop of sour cream. Process a few more seconds. Enjoy! (THE COCONUT OIL MAKES THIS DISH!)
    Sorry about the inexact quantities. It's how I roll.
    See you guys soon!
    Tori

    ReplyDelete